Important! Check the COVID-19 guidelines below.
Location: St Joseph’s Community Centre, Shantalla (see map).
Times: Mondays 7.30–9pm (front hall), Thursdays 8.30–10pm (rear dojo).
Cost: €40 for six classes or €10 per class. (There is also an insurance cost of €10 per year.)
If you are a new visitor, please text 086 352 2142 in advance to confirm that a class is going ahead.
We regularly run six-week beginners’ courses, during the Monday classes 7.30–9pm.
These courses introduce you to fundamentals of aikido, including stretching, rolling, falling safely, basic throwing and pinning, and traditional dojo etiquette.
The cost is €40 for six classes. (Beginners are also welcome to attend our Thursday classes.)
What to wear: loose comfortable clothes, suitable for general exercise. Tracksuit pants and long-sleeved tops ideal. For safety, please remove any jewellery.
If you would like to be informed about our next beginners’ course, please supply your e-mail below.
Special COVID-19 guidelines
Please read carefully:
- At present, all members must provide proof of Covid vaccination or immunity.
- Anyone who is feeling unwell (e.g. high temperature, cough, headache, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat) must not attend training. Anyone showing these symptoms during training may be asked to stop and go home.
- In the entrance and hallways of the community centre, facemasks must be worn and social distancing observed. (Facemasks need not be worn during training.)
- Maximum two people at a time per changing room. If possible, please arrive dressed for training.
- Showers are currently not available.
- Hand sanitiser will be available and you should use it regularly.
- After each class, we are required to sanitise mats, floors and door handles.
Any member who does not respect these rules will not be allowed to train.